Coventry University Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
Providing a Film Studio to the Games Technology Department
The new faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing building is a multifunction teaching and research facility.
Stage Studio Projects were asked to design and install a film studio lighting system for the games technology dept comprising a studio rails system supporting a range of LED lighting fixtures along with DMX lighting control and power and data outlets.
The main challenge presented by this scheme was the small room dimensions and low ceiling. Working alongside Speller Metcalfe Construction we were part of a large team that helped deliver this project on time and within budget.
For this project we:
- Supplied and installed a studio rail system comprising primary fixed rails and secondary moveable rails. Spring pantographs provided support for fixtures.
- Supplied and installed power and data facilities distributed about the studio.
- Supplied and installed a Zero 88 12-way switch/dimmer pack providing power for both LED and traditional tungsten fixtures.
- Provided an ETC ColorSource DMX lighting control console
- Supplied and installed ARRI L5-C and Photon Beard Highlight LED studio fixtures
- Tested and commissioned the system prior to handover and system demonstration
Client: Speller Metcalfe Construction Ltd
Completed: January 2020