Inspection and Testing Services
Regular inspection and testing of your specialist performance equipment is essential. Inspection, testing and maintenance makes sure everything about your performance system is safe to use and running properly. Stage & Studio Projects have developed over many years a background in the delivery of technical performance systems. Our experience allows us to offer customers a complete service covering everything your performance space will require over its lifetime including electrical and mechanical inspection and testing through to the provision of detailed reports and certification.
A Complete Range of Services
- EICR – Electrical Installation Condition Reports ensure all of your fixed wiring and electrical equipment is safe to use and compliant with the latest wiring regulations.
- PAT – Portable Appliance Testing or in-service testing of portable equipment such as lighting fixtures, control consoles, audio equipment and associated electrical units.
- LOLER – Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 cover Lifting equipment such and raise and lower lighting bars, hemp and winch sets all require regular inspection and testing to comply with current regulations.
- PUWER – Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 Covers an employers duty to ensure work equipment is maintained and safe to use.
Along with the regulation directed inspections we offer the following complimentary services:
- Cleaning, maintenance, service and repair of all performance related equipment
- Replacement lamps, repositioning and refocusing of stage lanterns
- Reprogramming of LED, moving and intelligent fixtures, control consoles, sound desks and upgrading of software.
- Training tailored to the individual needs of your venue and users
- Advice and guidance on Legal requirements and Essential Regulations that apply to your performance spaces
Benefits of a Regular Inspection and Testing Maintenance Visit
- Ensure that all of your performance equipment is in good working order and safe to use safe in the knowledge that you are meeting legal requirements and regulations as they relate to your performance equipment and installation.
- Check for any faults in the system and equipment that could have an effect on upcoming performances.
- An inspection can be the ideal time to replace any fixture lamps and access hard to reach parts of your performance space.
- Help extend the working life of equipment and minimise wear and tear
- Regular inspection and testing helps avoid costly down time
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Stage Lighting Electrical and Equipment Inspection and Testing
- Stage Engineering Systems Lifting Equipment – Fixed Bars – Trusses
- Seating Systems including Electrically Operated Tiered Seating
- Stage Track and Drapes Systems
- Stage Sound Systems
- Audio Visual Systems
- Stage Management Systems
- Induction Loops
In Safe Hands
The Stage & Studio Projects team have over 25 years experience in providing performance stage lighting, sound and audio-visual systems, PA systems, stage engineering, stage track and drapes, and TV and broadcast studio services to a wide range of clients. Over the years we have worked extensively with schools and colleges, theatres, galleries, places of worship, art centres, performance venues, community centres, hospitals, shopping centres and television studios. A big part of our service is providing complete inspection and testing maintenance packages from initial advice through to the issuing of reports and certification.
Many of our clients have Annual Care Packages with us that often include technical back up and service visits.
You can find out more on our Stage Equipment Testing, Inspection and Maintenance FAQs page.
For more information on our testing and inspection maintenance packages or to discuss a no obligation quotation, please call us on 0161 241 2785 or send us an email to info