Liverpool John Moores University TV Studio
TV studio lighting including moveable suspension, pantographs and control
Over the last ten years, Liverpool John Moores University has invested £180 million upgrading its facilities. They are designed to replicate ‘work of work’ environments including their TV and Broadcast studio facilities. The new £37.6m Redmonds Building houses The Liverpool Screen School offers courses in Creative Writing, Drama, Film Studies, Journalism and Media Production. The Liverpool Screen School has long been a ‘preferred Higher Education Partner’ for BBC North and has won awards at the Royal Television Society Awards and BBC Innovations Awards.
In association with LCC Lighting and Sony Professional Solutions and working to a Drama By Design specification, we delivered TV studio lighting to the large full HD TV studio and smaller full HD News studio for Liverpool John Moores University.
For this project:
- Supplied and installed a comprehensive system of Doughty studio rail to form the moveable lighting suspension system to the main production studio. All suspended fittings are on friction pantographs and barrel rollers. This allows the user maximum flexibility to reposition the luminaires from floor level.
- Supplied and commissioned a comprehensive array of ETC studio HD LED lighting fixtures. These included Source 4 LED Lustr Profiles, Selador D40 Studio HD heads and Selador Paletta cyclorama units.
- Supplied and installed RDM-compliant DMX infrastructure to support both the reporting systems for the ETC dimming system and ETC Ion control desk. The Ion is also provided with remote focus control to simplify rigging in the studio.
- Installed ETC Sensor dimmer racks using the latest through-power dimmer modules.
- Supplied and installed a comprehensive range of studio drapes including black wool serge, green chromakey and white cyclorama cloth.
‘They provided a professional service within budget and within the program, always a pleasure to work with.’ – Andy Stone, Drama By Design.
Client: LCC Lighting / Sony Professional Solutions
Completion Date: August 2012
Approx Value: £300,000
Overall Schedule: 6 weeks